Saturday, January 29, 2011

SWITZERLAND

Well I'm going out of the country soon. To be exact we leave in 19 days. I was given a opportunity to go with some friends of ours, and to be honest I wasn't sure about going. BUT my parents talked me into it. So now I'm going. I'm getting more excited as it gets closer but still kinda scared about going. We will be gone 7 days and so it's not a long trip which is probably a good thing. I have a chance to go skiing for the first time in my life but I'm not really sure I will do it. I will be at 6 weeks recovery time by the time we leave, but I'm not sure I want to risk it. One thing I do know it's going to be FREEZING!!! I know now that I really am a California girl. I don't like being cold. We have a couple awesome layovers. On the way there our layover is in Madrid, Spain and on our way back in New York. So that will be cool too!  Pray for me that I will be a good example and that I will have fun.

Brittney

6 comments:

  1. Well have fun with that!! Who is going? Just you? Take pix! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee! What an opportunity! Who all is going? Are you going to get to see Danny V's family? Sounds like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going with Paul & Miriam Lane. Yes we are going to see Dany Vogel's family. His uncle owns a resort and they vacation there. So we will all be at a ski resort the whole time we're there. I'm REALLY hoping I can go skiing. I'm going to call my surgeon tomorrow and see what he says. If he doesn't think it's a good idea, I'll have fun taking pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great opportunity to see some more of the world. I'm sure you will have a great time and will glad you went. My greetings to the Vogels and Nussbaums if you see them.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S.... right before I read your blog I was reading from another blog I watch and this quote happened to be on it...thought you would get a kick out of it
    "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock." — Orson Welles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Brit, Sounds like fun. I am so glad you are taking the opportunity. And about the skiing thing I know I would be totally nervous, but if you feel up to it I would try. At least you can say you did it!
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete